The Sir Nigel Gresley Locomotive Trust Limited
Gift Aid Declaration

Boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate

Gift Aid is reclaimed by the charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year. Your address is needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer.

In order to Gift Aid your donation/membership subscription you must tick the Declaration box below:

I want to Gift Aid this donation/membership subscription and any donations/membership subscriptions I make in the future or have made in the past four years to Sir Nigel Gresley Locomotive Trust Ltd.

I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations/membership subscriptions in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference.

My details

Title:  *  First name or initials:  *
Surname:  *
Full Home address:  *
Post Code:  *  Date:      *
E-mail Address:  *

* = Required field

Please notify the Charity if you:

  1. want to cancel this declaration
  2. change your name or home address
  3. no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

Thank you for making this declaration to enable the Charity to optimise the benefit to the Trust from your membership subscription and donations.


  1. Please notify the Charity if you change your name or address.
  2. You can cancel the declaration at any time by notifying the Charity.
  3. You must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax that the Charity claims on your donations in the tax year (currently 25p for each £1 you give).
  4. If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains equal to the tax that the Charity reclaims you are responsible for cancelling your declaration.
  5. If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your Self Assessment tax return.
  6. If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief, refer to help sheet IR65 on the HMRC web site.

This form uses a script by